Privateers and Pirates
- Cornelis Janszoon de Haan
- Dutch privateer in the seventeenth century. Captain of a men-of-war that was engaged with two privateers from Duinkerken on 19 April 1633.
- Pieter Hamers
- 18th century Dutch privateer. see Cornelis Gerrits
- Boudewijn Hendrikszoon
- Piet Heyn
- Robert Holmes
- English privateer in the service of the Royal African Company (founded by the Duke of York) between 1665 and 1670. He attacked several Dutch colonies in Africa with a fleet consisting of two men-of-war and six frigates. He also attacked and plundered the Dutch colonies on the Islands of Tobago and St. Eustasius.
- Willem Pietrszoon Hoppesacq
- Dutch privateer who was active from Duinkerken. He was captain on board a fly-boat. He offered his services to the Dutch and French governments when they planned a combined attack on Duinkerken in 1595. He was uncovered on 30 April of this year, however, and was beheaded several weeks later in Duinkerken.
- Pieter Adriaanszoon Ita
© Blood.gif / by Rick Vermunt (without permission :-)